Thursday, November 12, 2015

R2-IQ: Part Count

Build Day 16: Parts

Short pin
I often try to keep track of parts as I'm building these big projects.  And I usually fail.  After the build, it's possible to calculate with reasonable accuracy how many beams and other parts were used.  But, it can be pretty tough to count pins and connectors.

On this build, I'm actually tracking the number of pin bags that I've opened (current 7 bags which have 120 short pins) so I should have a pretty good number for pins.
90 deg Angle Connector
Through a quirk of fate, I also have a very large quantity of this 90 degree angle connector.  

If you know me, you'll know why I rather like this connector.

So, I have an insane number of these connectors.  They come in bags of 32, and so far I've used 18 bags on the R2 build. (576 connectors)  I expect that number will go up 2 or 3x  when I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment