Build Day 52:
|R2 On Display|
I brought R2 into work to show him off. Everyone loves him. I've been passed in the hall many times and the normal mindless greeting of "how are you" has been replaced with "very cool".
That makes me smile.
|New design for shoulder|
|R2 Standing on 2 legs|
- Fill in the gaps in the head
- Replace the shells for the outside feet
- Build a shell for the third leg
- Motorize raising the third leg
- Rebuild the bottom skirt so it is lower
- Add more decorative stuff to the body
- Find out why the head-turn motor is so loud
- Attempt to speed up movement
- Fix the colors on the shoulders
- Add better sounds & lights (arduino)
Even with all that, it's still good. I think I can say I will never retire it.
While the build is "complete", this is where the journey really begins. Right?